Few shades of me

Few shades of me

Good Day everyone! Today I am going to talk about few shades of my personality, some of which are prominent and some not so prominent. Amongst these are workaholic, chocoholic, shopaholic and lastly a really gorgeous pair of Gucci shades: the one which I really never had money to even dream of buying. so I would categorize that as invisible shade.

Let's start with my most subtle shade first. For example, I am not at all a workaholic. In fact, I am quite worked up if I spend more than even four hours a day actually on my laptop.
Then I am a complete chocoholic. Anything having cocoa as its building block just does the trick! Be it coffee to chocolates to choco lava cake.. hmmm let me control my emotions here!
But the one shade that I think I have truly actually in my blood is Shopaholic.  And on top of that, I belong to a very niche segment of that category, that is window shopping. Because I am usually broke and cannot afford to take the things out of that window 99 percent of the times. Never mind! I compensate that by doing street shopping. But, this wandering in high-end malls for window shopping helps me a lot in the sense that I try to buy similar looking stuff from discount stores and have a feel-good factor about it.

Now I have told you that I love shopping and even more, shopping for books. This has turned me into an avid reader. But I guess I didn’t tell you who is my favourite author? She is Sophie Kinsella, a highly acclaimed British author. And just to let you know why is she my favorite: first she is really awesome in writing witty chicklit books, which is my favorite genre, but more because she has written the famous shopaholic series. I can relate myself quite a bit with the protagonist of the book, who feels that all the shops are luring her personally to come to them.

There are several positive aspects of shopping.  In fact, according to a research done by me and published in my laptop, shopping helps in strengthening the bond among couples. In case you wonder how, I will give you my own example. Now whenever I go to market or mall with my husband, he keeps holding my hand tightly to keep me from drifting away to yet another shop. How romantic!

Shopping really boosts your morale. I mean I just imagine that I am wearing a nice pair of AND dress paired with Jimmi Choo shoes and Louis Vitton bag and hello!! My confidence goes several notches up already. Believe me, it works! J
Other benefits of shopping are like: losing the calories while jogging around the shops and helping Indian economy etc...

So, in the end, I would just say that shopping is your birthright. So go ahead and shop till you drop! Thank you for being such lovely audience.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most memorable journey of my life